Annual reports are due to be filed each year by June 15th. Information about the Corporation Annual Report can be found at the links below:
The annual fee for renewing an active corporation is $40. Additional fees will apply if the incorporation was forfeited because annual reports were not filed.
How can I find out if our church is incorporated?
- Check out the Kansas Secretary of State web site at www.kssos.org.
- Choose the "Search Business Entity Information" link.
- There are a number of fields by which one can search. The easiest is to choose "by name."
- Type in your church name - but don't use spaces.
- You might need to try several name formats before you find the one that was used in the incorporation paperwork.
- For example, UnitedMethodistChurch will return churches that are incorporated as "United Methodist Church of blank," where blank is the city name.
- Typing First United Methodist Church will return a list of churches with "First" in their name.
- If you find your church listed, click on the name and it will open a window that shows you the incorporations status (active or forfeited).
If our incorporation is forfeited, what do we need to do?
If you wish to obtain a good standing status, you may reinstate your incorporation. Please contact the Secretary of State's office at (785) 296-4564.