Websites Made Easy for the Local Church
There are many free and nearly free tools for designing and developing websites, but where do you start? UMC Web Press – a ministry of the Kansas Area Marketing and Communications Council – has assembled a team of web site specialists and developed tools to make this as simple as possible while ensuring success. Check out sites we have already launched:
The UMC Web Press team guides local church volunteers, staff and pastors in setting up church websites using the free WordPress (website management) tool and plug-ins (additional programs that enhance web site experiences such as calendar, photo slide show, site security, etc.) that create attractive, interactive and unique websites for local congregations. Local congregations get:
- Free website hosting for sites developed through our process.
- Management of the local church's domain name in relationship to the website.
- Access to stock images for backgrounds and website headers.
- Managed regular updates to the WordPress installation and related plug-ins.
- Testing of plug-ins to ensure they work with new WordPress updates.
- Testing of WordPress with plug-ins to ensure plug-in updates work with the current version of WordPress.
- Routine site back-ups and security checks.
- Technical assistance and answers to questions after sites launch.
- Purchase and renew domain names.
- Gather and prepare content, including photographs and written material, for their website.
- Attend a training workshop.
- Pay a set-up fee of $150, which covers initial set-up of the site and the workshop.
- Bring a team of people responsible for the website to a training. Team member meals are not included in workshop cost.
- Pay a basic annual maintenance fee of $60 a year, or $5 a month, which covers ongoing maintenance and technical support.
- Pay for any intensive technical support or design work requested.
Get started by completing an online interest form or contacting Cindy Kelly by email or by phone at (316) 684-0266.